Week 09 - Comments & Feedback

I went through my own blog and found that I have very few comments. I thought maybe it was because I'm not someone that's friends with everyone but I often leave comments on blogs from people I've never met and there is a randomizer on the page for everyone to use. The likelihood of my name never popping up is very low. I'm not sure if it's my theme or the randomizer or what but I think I have less than 10 comments. I don't take offence, it doesn't really matter to me but the feedback could have been nice. Maybe there needs to be groups implemented? Maybe group 4 comments on group 5 for the weeks before the first review, then it changes until this review and then changes again. If there's a smaller pool of people to select from I think that might encourage comments but yeah, I don't have very many comments at all. 


(speech bubbles on an orange background, motherjones.com)

I feel like I've left good feedback. I used the TAG approaches in my own way. I tried to compliment, suggest, and leave a question. For me, I think it's quite effective and can make the writer think about different things and suggestions are always helpful when trying to create something. I tried to give feedback that wasn't overly biased either. There was some games that I wouldn't play or enjoy myself but I still wanted to make my comment useful and so I just imagined I would like it and tried to go from there. Also, because I haven't had feedback or comments, I have tried to use this approach for my own writing and ideas to try and get more out of me and more out of my ideas. I definitely found new ways to do old things.

I might try to change my theme in my blog again just because as I've got no comments and I'm an overthinker, I'm wondering why and if it's my theme or my writing or something else. That's something I am assessing at the moment but I've also been to a few other blogs that don't have a ton of comments so I'm not too concerned. 

I learned a lot while giving comments about reassessing and looking at even your own project from a distance and a different perspective. It definitely helped in the design process for me to be able to do this. I found that I questioned things more but less in a doubtful way and more in a changed approach kind of way. Rather than giving up when parts of my game don't work, I tried to look at it from a new perspective and try and find a solution to the problem. I stopped marking things off as failures and just called them 'not successes'. I actually found it made me work for effectively and I used my time more particularly. The reflection has also made me view the project as a whole rather than just labelling it as game design which, I think, is something I can take with me to other modules and that skill can be quite invaluable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading