Week 09 - Project (Alpha)

This week, the main aspects of my game are mostly done. It's not at all refined or even filled in with the correct questions but it does work. A lot of this is with thanks to the Brackley tutorials on YouTube. They're completely made for beginners and everything is explained a lot better than the Unity tutorials, I found. So the game works! Next week I'll be:

  • refining it
  • looking into more details I could add
  • possibly adding mood music
  • trying to change the timer from seconds to minutes
  • trying to add more randomized elements
On that last point, I currently have it so that the same is being made and it's a basic true or false system. This is fine and it works well in my opinion, but if I can add more answer choices or randomize the drink then that would be great. Not a top priority as I want the game to run smoothly before I decide to overcomplicate. 


(screenshot of my screen in unity once I finished putting the quiz elements in)

In terms of plans and scheduling, I'm right on schedule. I had a bit of a tough week at the beginning, which set me back a bit, but this week things ran a lot smoother and so I kind of caught up on myself there which is really good and I'm really proud of that. 


Comments

  1. Hi Rosie, I hope you are doing well. Just had a read through your project blog. Your game looks good and I am so glad you were able to find some useful tutorials to help you develop your game some more. Sorry to hear you had a tough week, just to let you know I am proud of you too. - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie, how are you? Just after finishing reading your alpha blog and it looks really good so far. I am happy you are getting on well and I definitely agree that tutorials can be really helpful to get the work done. Sorry to hear about your week and hopefully its easier from here out. Good luck with finishing your game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading