Week 09 - Unity Tutorials

 



(kid playing with a soccer ball, freedesignfile.com)


I 100% had war flashbacks for this last lesson. It didn't help me much having a bit of experience with for loops though. They're still just as confusing now as they were two years ago, but that's okay! It did come back to me and I wouldn't say I struggled in terms of following along but I wouldn't say I'd be confident in doing it myself with no direction or pre-written code in front of me just to edit. The latter part of the last lesson was a bit easier as it was back to stuff we'd kind of done so I felt less out of my depth there. No pun intended, but the for loops kind of through me through a loop.

The challenge was manageable but I did find myself, as usual, going back and having to look through the previous lesson. I used to try and do it without looking through the explanations below the video but I found it too frustrating and I'd rather give it a proper go then just look at everything and get frustrated. I know I'm not great with code so I'm not going to already put myself behind by refusing to use the resources I have. I did struggle with the 'bonus' part. I just couldn't work it out for love nor money so if anyone can explain it (like i'm 5) then that would be pretty useful and appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading