Week 10 - Tech Task; Misc.

This week I decided to do a few of the tech tasks at the bottom of the list marked as miscellaneous. 

Firstly, I confirmed what I already knew - I type fast and well. I did this typing test where you type a paragraph in a minute and it scores you. I did it twice because I'm competitive and have to beat my own score.



(screenshot of my typing test results; 53 words per minute with 97% accuracy)


(screenshot of my typing results; 56 words per minute with 99% accuracy)

I then used Google's Define features to define a few relevant words.

Multimedia: Multimedia is a form of communication that combines different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, or video into a single presentation, in contrast to traditional mass media, such as printed material or audio recordings.

Gaming: 1. the action or practice of playing gambling games.

                  2. the action or practice of playing video games.

College: an educational institution or establishment, in particular one providing higher education or specialized professional or vocational training.

Task: a piece of work to be done or undertaken.

Lastly, I explored the timer feature on Google to see if it's something I could incorporate in my day because I always forget to take screen breaks. 


(screenshot of the Google timer at 56 seconds)

It was actually useful so I'm going to incorporate it into my day today to test it out further.



Comments

  1. Hi Rosie, it's me again. Just and a read through your tech task for this week and it all looks super interesting. I know you are a very fast typer where as I am absolutely awful at it haha, I think I might try that as my own tech task for this week. I'll let you know how I get on - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading