Week 7 - Unity Tutorial 6

 

(screenshot from introduction to lesson 3.4 video, character running with forest in the background)

In this lesson we learned about sound effects. I didn't mind the lesson but I did find it hard to keep up in certain parts where I had to rewatch the video or sections of the video more than two or three times. It was interesting though because it was something a bit outside of the moving, jumping etc. 

We also learned about particles and creating something like an explosion. I thought it was cool. I like that we've moved past the walking forward and the likes. I just find it more interesting. I understand the basics are important and the grand scheme of things, I don't understand the interesting stuff any more than the basics but I think because I find it more interesting, I'm more willing to listen more and try harder because I want to replicate the 'coolness'.

I really struggled with the challenge and had to keep going back on the videos from this week and last week for help. I felt more comfortable in the parts I did know but I really struggled with putting the firework in the balloon's place - it just wouldn't work for me no matter what I tried. There were some things I could do though, which was a change. As I said, I either really understood it or really didn't, no in between.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading