Week 5 - Unity Tutorial 03

This week the Unity tutorials gave me a lot of trouble. I had to repeat the process more than once to get it to work. I used Google a lot and ran into issues along the way there too. This is where I'm really struggling because I'm going over the recommended time to finish these things now. My code was perfect and it was a new project so I shouldn't have had lingering issues from a previous code. Learning a new programme and coding language when you can't ask questions is really difficult. It's making me doubt I'll be able to make a game because I feel like I'm not learning anything, I'm just doing as I'm told. 

This week there was something about if statements. Very brief, hardly mentioned or explained. I did a year of PHP so I have more understanding than someone who's never seen them and IF statements aren't a passing thing. We're not learning how to make these games but I feel like we're expected to know anyway. 


    (frustrated girl, pxfuel.com)

I'm hoping there's more clarity along the way with these tutorials but to me, it seems like these tutorials are for people with a decent grasp on C# or atleast a basic understanding. It's the first coding language we've used so it's very tough to get a grip on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading