Week 07 - Prototype

 This week I began to build my game on Unity. I successfully found and downloaded some Bar assets. They were limited. I had hoped for a background but there were only props so that will just have to do.

Then came the real trouble. I watched several tutorials and spent about 2 hours trying to create my start menu as I needed something to click that would kick off the timer. All was well until I reached the ending point where I had to integrate my game scene into it so that it would pop up when you clicked start. It kept telling me something was missing when it wasn't. I watched the same tutorial twice, and then looked for others, and nothing worked. At this point, I'm going to skip the start screen and find an alternative to adding the timer because that was a waste of two hours to get absolutely nothing out of it.



(screenshot of unity, where it clearly says my scene is in the build but the error kept saying it wasn't)

I also realised that the tutorials I had been doing up until now are useless for the game I'm creating and feel like it will all be from YouTube. Exciting. I'm very frustrated with it and wish I could change my game to something that I have some knowledge in but I think it's too late as I don't have the time to redo the GDD and other documents. So I've just decided if things don't work and I've tried to make them work, I'm just going to have to move on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post - I want to talk about music today

Week 4 - Game Idea Research

Week 18 - Reading